Dodgebolt is the final game in MC Championship. The first and second place teams at the end of the tournament face off in a 4v4 bow duel. The game is best-of-5 rounds and has quake rules with one-shot kills. It truly tests which team deserves to win the MC Championship.
Dodgebolt is the final duel, and is not available on the Decision Dome. It’s an elimination game where the aim is to remain as the last team standing. Dodgebolt is played as a best of five, and the first team to reach three wins will become the MCC event winners!
Both teams start across from each other on opposite sides of an arena (they can’t cross over into each other’s sides). At the start of the round, 2 arrows are dropped into the centre, where players will race to pick them up. From here on out, the players must shoot the arrows back and forth to try to eliminate each other. If you get hit once, you’re out! It’s intense!
No coins are awarded in Dodgebolt. This one’s for the win!
- In MCC 1, both spawning locations for the arrows was directly on the line between the two sides, instead of one on each side. This was changed in MCC 2.
- Up until MCC 6, Dodgebolt was played as a best-of-3 game instead of a best-of-5 game. This was changed in MCC 7.
- Since MCC 22, the team that is currently losing in Dodgebolt will receive both arrows on their side in the beginning of the round instead of one arrow for each side. If the score is a tie, each side will get one arrow.
List of Dodgebolt Matches
|Event||First Place Team||Score||Second Place Team|
|MCC JJ|| Simon's Angels
(InTheLittleWood, Lewis Brindley, Simon Lane, SolidarityGaming)
|3-1|| Dodgy Doodlers|
(Nina Serena, Joe Hickson, Leozaur, Smajor1995)
|MCC P21|| Aqua Axolotls
(Illumina, GizzyGazza, KreekCraft, Ryguyrocky)
|3-2|| Orange Ocelots|
(InTheLittleWood, Sqaishey, TapL, PearlescentMoon)
|MCC R|| Cyan Coyotes
(Boosfer, Dev, Kier, YelloWool)
|0-3|| Pink Parrots|
(Blushi, jojosolos, SpeedSilver, xNestorio)
|MCC AS|| Red Rabbits
(Dream, Sapnap, GeorgeNotFound, BadBoyHalo)
|3-0|| Yellow Yaks|
(Quig, Seapeekay, Smajor1995, Shubble)
|MCC P22|| Aqua Axolotls
(TapL, Antfrost, VelvetIsCake, GizzyGazza)
|1-3|| Red Rabbits|
(Dream, GeorgeNotFound, Karl Jacobs, Foolish Gamers)
3-0 Sweep Teams
Reverse Sweep Teams
- After MCC 22, every player that has been in Dodgebolt multiple times has lost at least once or more.
- For the first five events, Dodgebolt was won by the first-place team; this streak was broken in MCC 6 where the Blue Bats defeated the Orange Ocelots.
- From MCC 9 to MCC 19, Dodgebolt results were in a cycle of '3-2, 3-1, 3-0, 3-1'. This pattern ended in MCC 20.
- PeteZahHutt and/or HBomb94 have played in every Dodgebolt in Season 1 except MCC 12.
- Despite this, they have never faced each other in Dodgebolt.
- PeteZahHutt is the only player to play in five consecutive Dodgebolts, from MCC 3 to MCC 7.
- PeteZahHutt is the only player to lose 3 Dodgebolts in 3 consecutive events.
- Including non-canon events, both Dream and Sapnap have won a record 6 events.
- Sapnap is the only player to make the winning shot in two events in a row (3 in a row if MCC AS is included).
- Out of the teams that "swept" the opposing team in Dodgebolt (winning 3-0):
- In the three teams that “reverse swept” the opposing team in Dodgebolt (coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2):
- The two matchups in canon events featured FalseSymmetry and Eret on opposing teams, with both of them winning one and losing the other.
- Illumina has won two events with reverse sweeps on an aqua team (MCC 13 Teal Turkeys and MCC P21 Aqua Axolotls).
- Only first-place teams have reverse swept in Dodgebolt.
- Six players have fallen off the Dodgebolt platform so far: Krtzyy in MCC 3 (Round 1), King Burren in MCC 8 (Round 2), TapL in MCC 12 (Round 1), Dream in MCC 16 (Round 4), TheOrionSound in MCC 22 (Round 2), and VelvetIsCake in MCC P22 (Round 1).
- Out of these six, four went on to win that Dodgebolt.
- In MCC 5, Shubble pulled off a 1v2. Since then, many players including Smajor1995, Quig, and Kara Corvus call it "pulling a Shubble".
- In MCC 10, LDShadowLady and Smallishbeans became the only married couple to be on opposing teams in Dodgebolt.
- CaptainSparklez is the only player to lose his first three Dodgebolts. He won his fourth Dodgebolt.
- JackManifoldTV is the only player to play in multiple Dodgebolts without winning a single round, losing all 6 rounds in MCC 15 and MCC 21.
- InTheLittleWood is currently the longest-standing player that has never won Dodgebolt, but has won in MCC JJ, a non-canon event.
- The team with the most eliminations is the MCC 8's Pink Parrots with the highest possible number of 18.
- The losing team with the most eliminations is the MCC 7's Orange Ocelots with the highest possible number of 17.